Wow I can’t believe its July already! We hope everyone has a great Father’s day!
We like to wish everyone a fun and safe 4th of July enjoy the day off. Sunset will be closed on Tuesday the 4th but we will re-open Wednesday regular hours.
In another note we have August moving to Panda 1’s we’re going to miss you Augie have fun on your new adventure. We would like to welcome Brienne from koala 1’s. We are super excited to have you in our class.
Just a reminder to all the parents please check your child’s cubby to make sure they have extra clothes in there cubby. Also its summer time yay! We know families take vacations during the summer please let any of the koala teachers know if you are planning on taking some days off.
Here’s a fun summer easy recipe! It’s a very tasty recipe I tried it at home enjoy.
Strawberry Cream Crescent Rolls
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 8 to 10 medium strawberries sliced
- 8 crescent rolls uncooked
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees
- Soften cream cheese in microwave for approximately 15 seconds on high. Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl. Lay unrolled crescent rolls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread an even amount of cream cheese on each crescent roll. Lay a single layer of sliced strawberries on each roll. Carefully roll up dough (see tips above). Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to completely cool! The strawberries and cream cheese will stay very hot inside the crescent roll. Refrigerate any leftovers. You can rewarm them under the broiler.
Our themes for the month of July are:
- 3rd-7th – Stars and Stripes
- 10th-14th -Vacation
- 17th-21st – Sports
- 24th-28- Puppets/kids Choice
As always if you have any question feel free to ask the Koala Teachers.
Ms. Patty and Ms. Liz