Hello Grizzly Families,
Welcome to the merry month of May. The school year has flown past very quickly & with it wrapping up, so too are we wrapping up the before and after school program. May is a month of transitioning from students focused on schoolwork to students looking forward to summer camp fun at Sunset Academy. This newsletter is full of information to help us as we go through this transition.
There are several important dates for the Grizzly families to know about this month. They are listed below:
- May 3 –Flagstaff and SVVSD late start
- May 24 –Flagstaff early release & final day, SVVSD final day, TPCA final day, Sunset Academy Private Kindergarten final day
- May 25 –First Day of Sunset Academy Summer Camp
- May 29 –Memorial Day, SUNSET ACADEMY IS CLOSED
Please remember to have snacks and lunches packed for your kiddo on “Early Release” and all Summer Camp days. Please follow the lunch and snack guidelines. If you need a copy please ask a Grizzly teacher. Let’s help keep our kids safe.
Our Before & After School themes this month are:
- Japanese Children’s day
- Mother’s Day / Pets & Bugs
- Kings, Queens and Dragons
- Lazy Crazy Days
Summer Camp Starts with:
- Lazy Crazy Days (last 2 days)
- Geological Landscapes
Separate calendars of our activities for this month are available upon request. Emails will be sent out to all families involved in our Summer Camp with guidelines and items needed. Please keep a look out for that email.
Thank you again for being part of the Sunset Academy Before & After School program. We look forward to continued learning, laughing and fun with your families in our Summer Camp program.
Ms. Leewitt, Ms. Rachel, Mr. Rob & Ms. Steph